Army 2020 Strategy - Enhanced Combat Capability
The Army’s medium term strategy Army 2020 maps out the next five years, it aligns with the NZDF Future 35 strategic plan.
Army 2020 will position our Army to meet future challenges, exploit future opportunities and leverage existing strengths into the next decade. Army 2020 is a continuum from Army 2015 and builds on the foundations already set – positioning the NZ Army as an effective land force, optimised for operations in a Joint, Interagency and Multinational (JIM) environment.
Our Strategy has five themes:
- Force Generated
- Trusted National and Regional Partner
- Land Effects Enhanced
- Trusted Professionals
- Resource Management Enhanced
Army 2020 Vision
Government, New Zealanders and our international partners trust and respect us because we:
- Provide ready and relevant military and aid-related responses
- Are a proactive partner in the South Pacific region
- Positively contribute to the wider New Zealand community
- Lead and operate effectively within the global environment
- Contribute land combat forces within a joint environment, working effectively with other agencies and multinational forces
- Seamlessly integrate with the wider NZ Defence Force.
This page was last reviewed on 28 June 2016 and is current.