The NZ Army Band headquarters are equipped with:
- A large acoustically designed rehearsal room
- Individual section rehearsal rooms
- A recording studio utilizing ProTools software linked to the main rehearsal room
- A small ensemble rehearsal room
- The School of Music
- An arranging studio utilising Sibelius software
- An extensive sheet and recorded music library
The Band is employed full-time and based at Burnham Military Camp in the South Island. They often travel both nationally and internationally.
The band rehearses as a complete unit on a daily basis for three to five hours with the remainder of the working day allocated to individual rehearsal, marching rehearsal, School of Music practical and theory tuition, administration tasks and physical training.
The administrative tasks are varied and include:
- Music Composition and Arranging
- Sound Engineering
- Public Relations
- Unit Treasurer
- Unit Historian
These administrative tasks provide employment variety and allow significant development opportunities for those who display aptitudes for particular administrative areas.
This page was last reviewed on 18 March 2015 and is current.